Saturday 17th September 2016

Nailsea & Tickenham FC 4-0 Shirehampton

Nailsea and Tickenham thrash Shirehamton

The first chance of the game came inside 10 minutes with a free kick out wide taken from Josh Benjamin whips it in and Gary Freeman rises the highest but his header goes over the bar.
Shirehampton then broke through down the left wing their shot is superbly saved from Jason Mellor. The resulting corner wasn't clear and it took another great save from Jason Mellor to deny them.
N&T attack found Joe Berry beat his man down the wing and his cross is cleared out for a throwing. N&T kept Shirehampton penned in and a cross from Josh Benjamin finds Freeman who beats his man to the ball and fires home to give N&T the lead.
Just after the half hour mark N&T do well to win the ball in midfield and Louis Keane does a brillant through ball into the path of Joe Berry who chips the keeper from just outside the box and hits the bar to deny N&T doubling their advantage.
Leading up to half time saw good work from back from Ryan Cook and he beats his man before passing into Gary Freeman who plays it up field to Berry who wards off the defender and the keeper and lays it into Louis Keane's pass who slots it into the net and give N&T a well deserved 2-0 lead.
On the stroke of half time saw Shire attack and shot low into the corner but Mellor got down quick and prevented Shire from getting back into the game.

Second half started with N&T on top once again and good build up play finds Josh crossing in and finds Louis who jumps up well and heads at goal but the keeper saves
Ten minutes into the second half and Gary wins the ball and spreads it up to Joe Berry who runs at goal and James Seeley showed how quick he is by sprinting over half the pitch to catch up and Joe squares the ball to James who smashes in to make it 3-0 to N&T 
N&T continued to attack and Joe Berry once again beats his man and cuts into the box and is fouled by another defender and wins a penalty. Gary Freeman stepped up and hits it down the middle and gives N&T a 4-0 lead.
Joe Berry and Louis Keane kept tearing their defence apart and combined once again and Joe shoots at goal but a good save from the keeper denies Joe getting from scoring.
With twenty minutes left frustration showed from Shire and their striker is shown the second yellow card after his 6th foul of the game as he couldn't get past N&T's defence.
Closing minutes saw Louis Keane beat his opponent with ease before shooting from outside the box but the keeper makes a good save.

Last attack fell to N&T and Max Richards is in the box and takes a good first touch and turns and shoots at goal but his shot goes wide of the goal.


Full time Nailsea & Tickenham 4-0 Shirehampton