Monday 29th August 2016

Nailsea & Tickenham FC 0-1 Odd Down Reserves

Nailsea and Tickenham couldn't turn dominance of possession into goals and came unstuck against Odd Down Reserves.

A bright start from kick-off as James Seeley found Aaron Latta down the wing won a free kick just 15 seconds into the game but the resulting free kick was scrambled in the box where Odd Down cleared.

The following few minutes saw N&T on top and some good play from Joe Berry and Latta down the right wing where Latta crossed to Chris Gale, winning it at the back post and heading it back across goal where Gary Freeman jumped up but headed just wide.

Odd Down's first attack came 15 minutes into the game after a corner found a man back post, whose shot just grazed the bar as it went over.

N&T continued to dominate possession while they played the ball out from the back. Scott Pilgrim spread it out to Latta who passed down the wing to Berry, crossing into Matt Pilgrim but a defender secured a touch on it and took it away from Matt. Joe found space down the wing and did well to keep the ball in play before crossing into Matt whose header was blocked out for a corner. The resulting corner was cleared at the back post.

A rare attack from Odd Down nearly found a way through the defence but a great tackle from Chris Gale won the ball and cleared the danger. Good work from Scott and Latta after Latta crossed into the box to find Berry who beat his man and hit it across goal where Matt ran in to shoot but fired it over the bar.

On the stroke of half time Odd Down played a long ball over the top and their striker got on the end of it before squeezing it into the net to take a 1-0 lead into half time.

The second half started with N&T dominating the possession again and Dan Cook played it out from the back to find Chris Gregory who did a neat one two with Berry but Chris's shot was saved by the keeper.
With the hour mark gone N&T still pressed for that equaliser with James Seeley crossing into the box and Chris Gale leapping above his marker to head at goal but the keeper saved it.

With just 10 minutes remaining Matt Fisher did well and took on a defender and after a foul he won a free kick just outside the box. Chris Gregory took the free kick but was blocked by the wall. Gregory and Seeley combined well before a through ball into Berry who shot from a tight angle went only inches wide.

Chris Gregory was then fouled out on the right wing and Matt Fisher hit a low cross finding Latta who flicked it on where Gregory's shot was blocked and went over the bar. A corner was taken and Seeley got a volley on it from outside the box but it went wide. Into stoppage time Chris Gale threw it long into the box and Berry got a shot at goal but it took a slight deflection and hit the post.

Full time Nailsea and Tickenham 0 - 1 Odd Down Reserves.