Saturday 27th August 2016

Nailsea & Tickenham FC 2-0 Stockwood Wanderers

Nailsea and Tickenham continue their winning ways over Stockwood Wanderers.

A slow start from both sides didn't see any chances until 20 minutes in when Joe Berry took the ball out wide and cut inside before his through ball nearly set Matt Pilgrim on goal but Stookwood's goal keeper was out quick and claimed the ball.

A couple minutes later and a ball over the top saw Matt Pilgim run past the defence and as the ball bounced up, the defender jumped into his back but the ref did not see it as a foul and waved play on. N&T continued to attack with Joe switching play, a great touch from Louis Keane and a pass from Matt to Scott Pilgrim who ran at goal and took a shot but the keeper blocked it, resulting in a corner which was unfortunately cleared.

Just after the half hour mark Stockwood played a ball over the top and N&T's keeper Jason Mellor came out to head the ball clear just before Stookwood's striker could get there. The pair clashed heads and the striker was knocked out!

The game was postponed for 15 minutes as they took care of the striker before he could leave the pitch for further treatment.

Once the game restarted James Seeley provided a good cross into the box but the defender headed it clear just before Matt could get on the end of it. A minute later saw Stockwood attack down the left wing before their player cut inside to take a shot but a decent save from Jason Mellor kept the scoreline 0-0. A resulting corner produced another good save from Mellor.

On the stroke of half time Matt passed the ball to James Seeley where he knocked the ball past his opponent and then unleashed an incredible shot which gave the keeper no chance as it flew with venom into the top corner giving N&T the lead into half time.

N&T picked up where they left off. Within a just a couple of minutes into the second half Matt found space on the wing and his cross was only half cleared, Gary Freeman picked up the loose ball and passed to Josh Benjamin who found Joe Berry in the box where he held off two defenders before prodding the ball into the bottom corner and doubling their advantage.

A few minutes later N&T came close again as Matt picked the ball out on the left wing and crossed into the box but Joe 

was unable to reach it. With twenty minutes left Scott was fouled just inside their half and James crossed into the back post, Gary headed it back across goal but Matt just couldn't get to the ball in time and Stockwood cleared.

Closing stages of the game saw Stockwood trying to attack and their player running down the wing tried to cut inside but a great last ditch challenge from Max Richards denied Stockwood a shot on goal.

With just a few minutes lef,t Aaron Latta passed the ball down the wing to Matt who flicked the ball onto Joe running at goal but his shot was saved by the keeper. A resulting corner found Dan Cook back post who heads at goal but it was cleared off the line.

Full Time Nailsea and Tickenham 2 - 0 Stockwood Wanderers